When you make a comment on the blog, it needs to be a QUALITY comment. What does that mean? It means that when commenting on the blog you take the time to do your very best. We do not leave comments like "Hi!" or "That's sooooo cool!" If someone is going to take the time to write a blog post, we need to be sure that our comment back to that person is our best work.Here are some tips to make sure your comment is a quality comment:
Students, when you are commenting, you need to fill in some information first.
* Comment under the tab Name/URL.
* Your name. For students, first names only please.
* You do not need to put down a website. You can leave it blank.
1. We always write comments as if they are a friendly letter. Start with a greeting, such as Dear Class, or Dear Mrs. Essenburg. Then write the body of the letter--that is where you write your information. Then end with a closing, such as Sincerely or Your Friend.
2. We always do our best work, so use your best spelling, punctuation (periods and capitals), and grammar.
3. Write a respectful and thoughtful comment. That means you carefully read the post and want to tell the writer you appreciated what he or she wrote.
Remember the commenting guide: 2 C's and a Q.
- Compliment the blog writer about his or her post.
- Make a Connection--Add new information or ideas.
- Ask a Question.
5. Re-read your whole comment to yourself to check for mistakes.
6. Finally you can submit your comment. Don't worry if it doesn't show up. Mrs. Essenburg will have to approve it before everyone can read it.
Check back to see your comment on the blog. Someone may have responded to it and you can reply back to him or her.