Thank you for visiting our classroom blog. We LOVE having visitors, so please leave us a comment and let us know a little bit about you and where you are from.
Our class blog is an opportunity to share our learning with others, and to interact with learners from around the wold. However, it is important to use the internet in a safe and responsible way.
For this reason, below is a set of guidelines that we follow to insure the safety of our students when blogging. Please follow these simple guidelines when commenting or when publishing posts to keep our blog a safe place.
1. This blog will only contain the first names of students in the class, and on some occasions student initials. Photos or videos might be used, but no names will be connected to photos.
2. Parents, (or grandparents, uncles and aunts, etc.) when commenting on blog posts, please refer yourself as "John's Mom", or "Mary's Grandpa". This easily identifies you but also keeps your child's last name private.
3. Students must have parental permission to have their own personal blogs.
4. Do not post any personal information, such as e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc.
5. Be courteous and polite when commenting. Inappropriate comments will not be approved.
6. Always write in complete sentences and follow capitalization and punctuation rules when commenting on this blog. Please refer to the post "How to Write a Quality Comment" for more detailed information.
7. The work of anyone else will not be used without permission.
8. Posts written by students must be checked by Mrs. Essenburg or a parent before being published on the blog.
9. Mrs. Essenburg will approve all comments on this blog.
Following these simple guidelines will keep our blog a positive, nurturing, vibrant place that encourages children to feel confident sharing their learning with the world. Thank you in advance!